-- Download Gordon Campbell Actively Ignores the Poor as PDF --
This morning’s leadership debate on CKNW allowed Gordon Campbell to continue to demonstrate how he totally ignores poor people.
When asked about poverty reduction strategies, he continued his mantra that he believes in creating high paying jobs and then he pulls out meaningless statistics like how the average wage in BC is $22/hour. Of course it’s $22/hour…on average with thousands of high wage earners including senior provincial civil servants who received a 43% raise from Gordon Campbell last summer. But focussing on average wages across the province totally ignores the poor and destitute and allows Campbell and his supporters to ignore their plight.
His focus on high paying jobs helps BC Liberal donors, not those living on the edge of existence.
More from my site
- July 1, 2013 Why Don’t People Respect Canada Anymore? Reason #766, Egypt
- December 19, 2011 Occupy #Attawapiskat, Phase Two
- October 12, 2014 Socialist, AND Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- January 3, 2011 Will 2011 Be the Year of Service With Integrity?
- November 22, 2005 These are the Jims I know…and don’t know…by David Russell
- December 22, 2014 Imagine, Re-Imagine the Strawberries
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org