-- Download The BCTF Says to Take 5 People When You Vote as PDF --
YouTube – BCTFvids’s Channel.
The BCTF’s YouTube videos [above] are pretty powerful. One of the best ideas in them is for each of us to make sure we take 5 people to vote for public education.
Do a quick mental survey of people you know, those that are politically curious, those that tend to avoid political topics.
Send them this link to pro-education videos and ask them if they’re registered to vote. Then be their democracy guardian angel.
Too many people will end up not voting, but the world is run by people who show up, especially in a democracy that is struggling with legitimacy in our electoral system. Let’s make sure that the people we know who care about solid policy that respects what a healthy future requires, actually cast a ballot.
And many grade 12 students are eligible to vote. Do you know any of them? Ask if they’re mad as hell yet. If they’re not going to take it anymore, make sure you help them along to being registered and vote.
More from my site
- May 4, 2011 Leash Laws are for Chumps: The Credo of the Dog Owning Sociopath
- April 25, 2009 NDP 6, Liberals 1, Plus 2 Doses of Fear
- March 9, 2012 Politics, Re-Spun on The Rational on Co-op Radio, March 12 Lineup
- October 5, 2005 BC’s Public Education: Another Step Closer to the End
- August 7, 2013 The 1%, Their Cottages, and the Occupy Movement
- February 3, 2007 Lungs…by Knepomuk
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org