-- Download Politics, Re-Spun on Coop Radio, 5.18.09, an Election Post-Mortem Vista Video Podcast as PDF --
On Monday, May 18, 2009, Politics, Re-Spun met Coop Radio on “The Rational”, a Monday evening issues program. This is the my fourth election-related visit to the show.
Imtiaz Popat and I talk about the BC election: poll numbers converging, the carbon tax, Wally Oppal is toast, 2009 is a carbon copy of the 2005 election, ironies of low turnout yet STV failing, advanced polling analysis, what the NDP didn’t do to win with new media and citizen engagement, the lie of “attack ads,” the NDP is stuck in the 20th century, electoral reform actually requires a growing revolution.
The video podcast of the conversation lives at Vista Video.
More from my site
- March 12, 2013 Spin Alert: BC NDP Scheming with Public Funds? Not quite.
- November 28, 2002 Afghanistan, September 11, 2002 and Land Mines
- May 7, 2004 Michael Moore and Disney: a Symbiotic Relationship?
- February 3, 2014 How To Fix Racist Team Names Like the Washington “Redskins”
- May 4, 2012 No Iron Lady, But the Lady is a True Orchid of Steel
- April 28, 2006 Deep Integration, Jesus Style
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org