-- Download Gordon Campbell: HST Samurai Fall Guy? as PDF --
One interpretation of the premier showing up in the ledge to actually do his job for a change is that he’s serving himself up on a platter to eat the HST and resign as leader, taking one for the team so the party can re-brand itself into a post-Campbell kinder, gentler band of neoliberal privateers.
After failing to show up in the legislature to even vote for the HST, Gordon Campbell is suddenly the government’s leading point man for defending the hated harmonized sales tax.
via Michael Smyth: Maybe we’ll see the mother of all flip-flops.
More from my site
- July 8, 2011 A no longer radical, now reactionary campus: The SFSS CUPE Lockout and SFPIRG eviction
- May 17, 2011 Tory, PC, Harper, Conservative, Alliance, or Reform Majority?
- October 14, 2010 Cruel EI Premium Hikes Deflect From Progressive Taxes
- October 8, 2014 Perma-War is Soft Fascism; Reject It!
- February 3, 2007 Women: Staying Unequal to Preserve Marital Peace…by Jen Keefe
- January 6, 2007 Coca-Cola: The Happy-time Beverage Made from Blood…by Ameena Mayer
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org