-- Download Blair Lekstrom: Even Less Principled Than We Thought as PDF --
Once upon a time, Blair Lekstrom quit the BC Liberal cabinet and caucus not so much because he disagreed with the HST, but because lots of people in his riding would fire him if he continued drinking the Kool-Aid.
Now we find out that–SHOCK–the Conservative MP up in the Peace is not running for re-election again [see below].
How much would you be willing to bet against:
- Blair Lekstrom knowing weeks ago that Jay Hill was not going to run again,
- Blair Lekstrom will seek the federal Conservative nomination in that riding,
- Jay Hill waited this long after Lekstrom’s resignation to keep it from looking as painfully obvious as this.
After 22 years in federal politics, The Honourable Jay Hill, Member of Parliament for Prince George-Peace River, British Columbia, and Leader of the Government in the House of Commons, announced today that he will not seek re-election
via HillWatch (Jay, that is): Government House Leader “will not seek re-election” – Inside Politics.
More from my site
- June 14, 2012 Fixing Canada’s Democracy, Part 74 of 877
- October 7, 2016 Prime Minister Announces Official Name Change to “Justin Harper”
- December 9, 2004 CNN Showing Child Labour, Sweatshops and Fair Trade Initiatives
- February 23, 2011 Jasmine Revolutions, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, and Francis Fukuyama’s still wrong
- September 6, 2012 Imagine if the Olympics Really Benefited the People of the Host City
- March 21, 2014 Random Terrorism From North American Police
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org