I was just thinking a few days ago how I haven’t used the MexAmeriCanada tag for a while. Did I cause this to happen, in some cosmic kind of way?
In the old days it was Canadian Liberal Prime Minister Paul Martin negotiating the post-911 deep integration of Fortress North America with President George W. Bush.
Now we have “opposite” governing bodies in the two nations, though they’re barely different. North America is still strolling towards a 1984/Brave New World/V For Vendetta kind of soft fascist near-future of corporate “human” rights inside a surveillance society that we’re increasingly complacent about.
- Will we wake up?
- Do we care who our overlords are?
- Does it matter that we are different countries?
- Are we even different countries?
- Would it make any difference if we merged?
- If the Chinese stop propping up the US dollar and the North American economy becomes a branch plant of Beijing, would it matter if Canada were a sovereign nation?
- Is anyone writing dystopic futurist novels about a new world order with the Yuan controlling everything, like a 21st century Man in the High Castle?
- If a tree falls in a forest and the majority of citizens either don’t vote or put much thought into voting, does the lack of actual democracy make a sound?
- Does anyone really notice the problem that the political parties run elections in the USA, and in Canada, the Conservative Party can commit electoral fraud and have no legal or electoral consequences?
- Will we be one step closer to a de facto Homeland North America, or one step closer to authentic democracy in both nations?
That’s all for now.
You may put your answers in the comments below. If there’s nothing but crickets, beware!
Latest posts by Stephen Elliott-Buckley (see all)
- The DNC Superdelegates Can Fix Party Corruption This Week - July 25, 2016
- Fixing Systemic White Supremacy - July 24, 2016
- On Tuesday, Corporate Media Played You. Did You Catch It? - July 21, 2016