-- Download PTSD Update! as PDF --
Updates from Kate and Robin and Stewart are below, as they approach the end of their campaigns!
Kate’s Long Way Home has passed 1,000 kilometres on her way to Ottawa.
Robin and Stewart’s Marathon for Veterans is closing in on its fundraising target.
There is still time to donate.
1. During WWI more than 300 British soldiers, many suffering from “Shell Shock”, were executed for cowardice.
2. The Canadian government does not measure the suicide rates of its veterans. The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs does and a report released early this year states that from 1999 to 2010 18 Veterans committed suicide a day! 39% of these suicides were by Veterans 49 and younger.
These stats, and references to our research, along with more information on the topic are available in the blog.
More from my site
The following two tabs change content below.
Post-partisan eco-socialist. at Politics, Re-Spun
Stephen Elliott-Buckley is a husband, father, professor, speaker, consultant, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter, Miro and iTunes, and the email thing, and at his website, dgiVista.org.
Latest posts by Stephen Elliott-Buckley (see all)
- Goodbye, Politics, Re-Spun! Hello, WePivot.net! - October 21, 2016
- Fixing the Cleveland I*****s Racist Team Name - October 19, 2016
- What the BC Premier’s Reconciliation Smells Like - October 18, 2016