-- Download Let's Give Green Energy $5.3 Trillion This Year as PDF --
What fraction of a decade would it take to completely get off fossil fuels [oil, gas, coal] and create a post-carbon energy/transportation infrastructure if the clean, green energy sector were publicly subsidized at $10,000,000 per MINUTE, or $5,300,000,000,000 [yes, that’s $5.3 trillion] for 2015?
Please, I dare you to attack me for the numbers. They don’t come from some tree-hugging enviro-hippie think tank. They come from the spinal fluid of neoliberalism: the IMF.
So, when people say it’s not feasible to get off carbon energy, let them know that worldwide, taxpayers are subsidizing them more than everyone in the world pays for public healthcare.
Fossil fuels subsidised by $10m a minute, says IMF‘Shocking’ revelation finds $5.3tn subsidy estimate for 2015 is greater than the total health spending of all the world’s governments
Source: Fossil fuels subsidised by $10m a minute, says IMF | Environment | The Guardian
More from my site
- October 22, 2014 Climate Change Science Deniers, Ignorance and Media’s False Balance
- September 7, 2010 Politics, Re-Spun on Coop Radio, Labour Day 2010
- April 23, 2009 Gordon Campbell Actively Ignores the Poor
- April 29, 2015 An Analogy For Understanding Violent Protest In Baltimore
- April 21, 2009 TransLink Police Harassment: The Olympics are Coming So Get Used to It
- February 20, 2012 Revitalizing COPE Vancouver, Right Now.
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org