You’ve done what no one else in Canada could do: by endorsing him, you’ve explained just how bad Trudeau and the Liberals would be for Canada.
Sure, Mulroney, you are sad that Harper’s Reform Party has eradicated your Progressive Conservatives and started using the “Conservative” word.
Sure, Mulroney, you know that Harper is bad for Canada.
But so were you and your Liberal counterparts:
- Trudeau started the Free Trade Agreement with USA and you finished it.
- Then there was NAFTA and the GST which you and Chretien handled.
- Then there was Martin’s Liberal budget of 1995 that decimated health and social spending and stole money from the EI surplus to balance the budget.
- Then there was the APEC, the FTAA and a myriad of other regressive federal social and economic policies.
- Now Trudeau is afraid to say where he stands on the TPP, he and his minions voted for C-51 even though he didn’t need to, and Trudeau won’t restore health spending cuts Harper has triggered.
So yes, Mulroney, Trudeau is your man. So was his dad.
And you’ve given the great gift of clarity to those who want to restore Canada to the potential of awesomeness!
Trudeau and the Liberals are not a progressive alternative for Canada, the NDP is.
So thanks Mulroney for making that clear for everyone!