-- Download New EU Cigarette Boxes: EEEEWWWW! [Get it? Ew?] as PDF --
image from http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/scaring_smokers
It’s quite exciting to see the EU develop hideous cigarette box graphics and photos of the effects of smoking. Denial is such a powerful thing. Trying to ignore what you already know–but don’t want to dwell on–is a basic human strategy for coping with distasteful things, like the true effects of how we destroy ourselves with smoking.
Odd, though, that Canada has had these images on cigarette boxes for several years now. BC’s Ministry of Health has published the tobacco poster child for years as well: quite hideous.
More disturbing information and images are at these sites:
Questions, comments, feedback, gripes, thunderous applause? Email me…use the address at the bottom of the page. Please email me at the email address below if you would like to have each new blog entry emailed to you. For free, even. Archives are below these 10 most recent posts.
More from my site
- October 29, 2014 On Ghomeshi
- May 2, 2011 PoliticsRespun.org Election Night Liveblog, maybe
- April 11, 2011 La lutte continue: Vancouver pulls pay-for-democracy bylaw, but a new one’s coming. (cue ominous music?)
- April 8, 2011 Charging $1,200 to democratically assemble, Vision Vancouver looks to China for advice on (anti) free speech laws.
- April 7, 2011 I’m voting for the least offensive candidate to try and avoid the most offensive government. I wish.
- June 29, 2010 Campaign Stops Corporate Voting in BC Municipalities, Probably
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org