-- Download Gary Mason's Advice Fits with Think Forward BC NDP as PDF --
Gary Mason’s Friday piece in the Globe and Mail has some recommendations for the BC NDP to improve its effectiveness.
When you review the 7 main points in the Think Forward BC NDP consensus document, there is some strong convergence. Read them here, then review some of Mason’s points:
1. Talk about the economy more
2. Pick core economic areas and own them
6. Engage young voters
7. Improve the relationship with working people and unions
10. Engage the disaffected
So in running for BC NDP Vice-President on the Think Forward ideas, I find some comfortable agreement in Mason’s piece.
And what is Think Forward BC NDP all about? Facilitating dialogue to engage members, supporters and the progressive social movement in BC. So, let Think Forward and Mason’s piece be part of the fodder for dialogue.
More from my site
- August 31, 2016 When Misogynists Are So Bold, They Skip Anonymity
- January 20, 2014 The NHL Gladiator Pimps
- March 3, 2013 Spin Alert: “They do it too, so we’re not so bad.”
- May 2, 2014 Occupy Vancouver: It Lives!
- July 22, 2013 It’s 12 O’Clock, Have You Boycotted IKEA Yet Today?
- March 11, 2016 No, BC Actually Mentored Saskatchewan’s Poor-Bashing
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org