-- Download Reports from Haiti by CUPE and the Red Cross as PDF --
Claude Genereux, Secretary-Treasurer of CUPE, Canada’s largest union, shares his impressions on where Haiti is at 4 months after their devastating earthquake, which compounded the neoliberal economic earthquake Canada and others have been perpetrating on Haiti for decades.
Saddest for me is the lack of time and opportunity for children to play. This is why we have Clowns Without Borders.
Here is a brief, yet expansive report from the Canadian Red Cross. There are more details at the Canadian Red Cross Haiti page. Hurricane season is coming. We need to keep building relationships to restore and enhance stability compared to where they were before.
More from my site
- August 22, 2011 Jack Layton’s Legacy
- September 8, 2005 Mark Steyn, Unfortunately, on Labour Day
- November 26, 2012 Art for Impact presents: Ou(x)po, Dec 8
- November 19, 2011 Liveblog – BC Civic Election Returms
- June 14, 2012 Fixing Canada’s Democracy, Part 74 of 877
- July 24, 2013 Canada’s Evolving Soft Fascism
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org