-- Download Gordon Campbell: HST Samurai Fall Guy? as PDF --
One interpretation of the premier showing up in the ledge to actually do his job for a change is that he’s serving himself up on a platter to eat the HST and resign as leader, taking one for the team so the party can re-brand itself into a post-Campbell kinder, gentler band of neoliberal privateers.
After failing to show up in the legislature to even vote for the HST, Gordon Campbell is suddenly the government’s leading point man for defending the hated harmonized sales tax.
via Michael Smyth: Maybe we’ll see the mother of all flip-flops.
More from my site
- October 5, 2007 Unspinning the Bush Veto Spin
- June 21, 2009 Canadians Need a Real Education in Politics
- July 1, 2013 Why Don’t People Respect Canada Anymore? Reason #766, Egypt
- April 23, 2014 Does BC’s Neglect of Poverty Constitute a Eugenics Plan?
- April 3, 2013 A ‘Yellow Peril’ Response from Down Under
- May 11, 2009 Politics, Re-Spun on Coop Radio, 5.11.09, an Election Eve Vista Video Podcast
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org