-- Download Memoir from Antproof Case by Mark Helprin as PDF --
My book recommendation for 2014. Enjoy; you’ll either love it immensely immediately, or it will do nothing for you and you’ll put it down. Another of his books, Winter’s Tale, with a pleasantly stellar cast, is coming out as a movie on Valentine’s Day.
Here’s my brief review:
Antproof = Catch-22 + Catcher in the Rye
This is my favourite book. I read it every few years when I conclude a chapter/phase of my life. It is a grounding, a joy, a re-connection with what I know to be reliably entertaining, releasing, meaningful and irreverent. I’ve lent my copy to about a dozen friends. All but two have loved it and devoured it briskly. The other two just didn’t get into its peculiar sense of fluidity.
via Memoir from Antproof Case: Helprin
More from my site
- March 11, 2011 Why You Don’t Know About the Uncut Movement
- October 2, 2010 Two Minutes to Counter Anti-Union Brainwashing
- November 4, 2010 Gordon Campbell’s Parting Shot
- September 8, 2005 Mark Steyn, Unfortunately, on Labour Day
- July 10, 2011 “Plus ça change, plus c’est la meme chose”; or, how to ideologically re-structure your student society: a beginner’s guide: the SFSS CUPE Lockout
- September 10, 2013 Untangling the Temporary Foreign Worker Knot
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org