-- Download Corporate Media on Occupy's Wave of Action? Crickets. as PDF --
If you want to know what the Occupy Movement wants, it’s equality: economic, political and social. That shows up in many necessary changes to society, politics and the economy.
As the movement reboots for the 3-month Wave of Action starting on Friday, Occupiers around the world are planning to re-assemble at the former Occupy sites to roll up their sleeves.
And in the lead up to the Wave, corporate media and mothercorp aren’t reporting on it. The Wave doesn’t appear to be sending out press releases, but at the same time, journalists aren’t up to speed. Or, with corporate media being corporate media, they aren’t going to report on it to avoid giving the movement any publicity. Occupy has serious problems with corporate media.
CTV isn’t reporting on it, nor is Global, nor is CBC Mothercorp. Nor is the PostMedia chain, or the FoxNewsNorth Sun folks, or the Star.
Progressive media is also missing out: The Tyee and Press Progress.
But this is just fine. It gives us time away from the crazy to get things done.
And if you’d like to join us for this Tuesday’s weekly global conference call, register here.
More from my site
- June 4, 2013 What Do We Do About Those Pesky, Apathetic Non-Voters?
- April 21, 2015 5 Things You Must Know About the Internet and Social Entrepreneurs
- March 23, 2015 What’s Wrong with Canada? We’re Not Denmark-ish
- June 1, 2010 Politics, Re-Spun on Coop Radio, 5.31.10: The HST, Federal Coalitions, Some Class War
- February 17, 2014 Mr. Harper: Pathetic Media Flop
- July 30, 2013 Is Harper’s Canada a “Genocide”-Free Zone?
The following two tabs change content below.
is a husband, father, professor
, speaker, consultant
, former suburban Vancouver high school English and Social Studies teacher who changed careers because the BC Liberal Party has been working hard to ruin public education. He has various English and Political Science degrees and has been writing political, social and economic editorials since November 2002. Stephen is in Twitter
, and the email thing
, and at his website, dgiVista.org